A.H. Pitz (1923)
Scroll Down
By The Numbers
0
Built
0
Sank
0
Lives Lost
?
Depth (ft)
 
 
Service History


The tug A.H. Pitz was built in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, in 1923 for the McMullen and Pitz Construction Company of Milwaukee. She was named after Armond Pitz of the construction company. In 1944 she was sold to Northern Hardwood Veneeers Company and moved from Milwaukee to Duluth, Minnesota. In 1945 she was sold to Walter W. Bowe and in 1947 she was sold to E.C. Knudson, a drydock company located in Superior, Wisconsin.
Final Voyage


In 1951 the A.H. Pitz was abandoned at the mouth of the Amnicon River (Lake Superior east of the city of Superior). This is where she can be found today.
 
Nearby
© 2017 - Wisconsin Sea Grant, Wisconsin Historical Society