"the tug was reconstructed from the hull of the old Tillingast
, formerly the property of the N. Ludington Co., Marinette..." The Tillinghast
had burned to the water's edge.
"On October 3, 1893, Captain C.L.Fellows launched a new tug at Foscoro and anchored it some distance offshore. The next day a heavy sea caused the vessel to shear her moorings and wash ashore at the mouth of Stoney Creek. The storm continued for several days, so no efforts were made to refloat the tug that fall. No salvage attempts were begun the next summer and by August of 1895 the craft was abandoned. Captain Fellows lost about $3,000 due to this mishap."